Thursday, January 10, 2013

A (Tardy) Account of an Adventure

On my second day in Panama I, along with the rest of the ISA students, did a touristy adventure of sorts.  After hitting Albrook, we rode a Diabjo for an hour or so to the Gamboa Rainforest Resort.  It’s one of Panama’s more deluxe places for tourists to stay, for sure.  There, we trekked a short way through the jungle and took this tram system (like a tropical chairlift) up through the bird and monkey-filled trees to the top of a mountain.  We then ascended a tower (ramps, not stairs, but it was still quite the workout) and encountered a truly spectacular view of a segment of the canal – but don’t get your hopes up, I didn’t have my camera with me (dammit), but it looked like this – and watched several huge oil tankers make their way through.  We could also see views of lush rainforest and a few thatched roofs of an indigenous tribe living near to the resort.  I always enjoy new experiences, and this was definitely one of such times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment